Thursday 27 September 2012

Ikechukwu Explains Why He Is Closer To D'banj


The closure of Mo’ HIts label resulted into a lot of things including the split of the label acts. While Don Jazzy gained the support of the trio of Wande Coal, Dr SID and D’Prince, D’banj was left with his brother, K Switch, hype man Special Ed and rapper, Ikechukwu who was a major affiliate

But both acts have remained close, especially following the Mo’Hits brouhaha. Apart from Naeto C, who is one of D’Banj’s closest friends, Ikechukwu we’re told, is one of the few other D’banj colleagues ‘in whom he’s well pleased’.

 He was present when D’banj made his first post Mo Hits split performance on Friday June 8, 2012, during the Benin leg of Star Trek, which also marked D’banj’s 32nd birthday. And he’s since joined him for many other gigs here and abroad.


‘I have heard a lot about my relationship with D’banj. Some people call me his houseboy, bouncer, and the rest, but let me say this, I have been close to D’banj since day one. The first time I saw him was at Obi Asika’s house, when he was about signing to Storm Records…and if you’re observant, you would have discovered that we have similar features; he’s lepa just like me and we have same swagger. So we’ve created some kind of bond right from time which I was not opportuned to share with Don Jazzy. I only find people that find me, simple! Those that I am important to are those that are important to me. I am just chilling with D’banj and now that he’s making a stand abroad, it’s going to be stupid of me not to utilize the situation he already has. So, we are not just friends, we are also doing business’, Ikechukwu said in a recent interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment