Monday, 24 September 2012

Ugochukwu Ozuah Was Shot Dead 5days After His Wedding

Controversy weekend, trailed the killing of a 36-year-old engineer last Thursday on Oworoshoki Expressway, following accusation by an eye witness that he was allegedly shot by a policeman.
But in a swift reaction, the Lagos State Police Command said the deceased, Ugochukwu Ozuah, was shot by armed robbers.

The Command’s spokesperson, Ngozi Braide, who described the eye witness’s claim as false, said  the Command had begun investigation into the killing, with a clue about  the vehicle used by the killers.

The late Ugochukwu as gathered, wedded the previous Saturday, precisely  five days before he died. He was said to have gone to drop off a friend identified as Erikefe Omene at a nearby bus-stop about 10pm. when the unexpected happened.
Omene told policemen at Anthony Division  that on arriving UPS Bus-stop in his friend’s Honda CRV, along Oworoshoki Expressway, another vehicle pulled up  at the same spot.

He stated that before Ugochukwu could lock his door, a policeman approached him and asked who he was, alleging that before Ugochukwu could explain, he was shot dead.
According to Omene,  “Ugochukwu was my friend. I left his Oke-Olowo Estate abode at about 10p.m. that fateful day.

“On getting to the expressway,  another vehicle, with an ash-blue colour also stopped to drop someone. Then, some policemen approached the parked car.
“As he was about to shut his door in order to help me flag down a taxi, one of the policemen asked him a question and “before we could respond, he shot at him.

“The occupants of the vehicle that stopped ran to where I was behind Ugochukwu’s car, and I escaped to the estate to alert members of his family,” Omene stated.
Members of his family including his wife, Joan, reportedly rushed to the scene, where Ugochukwu was found in the pool of his blood. By then, some policemen from Anthony division were there.
Ugochukwu was thereafter, rushed to the hospital where unfortunately, the  only surviving son of his family, was  confirmed dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment