Saturday 21 July 2012

Funke Akindele Oloyede was honoured with the varsity Award


Funke Akindele the Nollywood actress popularly called Jenifa recently gave a good account of herself in the area of motivational but inspirational talks at The University of Ibadan where she was honoured.
Stepping into the venue of the award with her husband, Kenny Doo Almaroof Oloyede around 7:13pm prestigiously, the halls was so electrifying and up and down as the shout of Jenny Baby rend the air.
Funke was honored with an award of recognition by the students of the University of Ibadan at the much talked about “STAND-OUT with Pat Obilor” talk show which took place on Friday, 22nd June, at the Trenchard Hall of the University. When they both stepped in, it was like the long awaited moment had finally come.


The excited host of the show, Pat Obilor, shortly after, invited Jenifa to the podium for a thrilling 25 minutes interview session. Jenifa encouraged youths to stand out positively, charging students to discover their God- given talents, nurture it and Stand-out positively.
“Young people face a lot of issues which needs to be addressed and this is what is pushing me to work harder. Don’t forget, this is my passion and I love doing it and I thank God for the husband I have, he also loves my job,” she stated, She further explained, “my mum and my husband have influenced me, even before we got married; he sits me down and talks to me anytime I’m going astray in my job. Some of my colleagues, the Veterans and most of all the fear of God have influenced me.”
Talking about life after her wedding, she said; “One has to be responsible now, you have to think for two. Now I can’t just wake up and decide to go to London or anywhere, I have to discuss with someone. I prefer it now thou.”



The high point of the talk show was when Jenifa danced to Wizkid’s ‘Pakurumo’ by popular demand of the audience.
The show came to a crescendo with the presentation of the award of recognition for her contributions to youth development through her socially conscious movies. The award presentation was done by Dr. Richard Adeleye Afonja, an award recipient as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment