Saturday 21 July 2012

Woman caught with drugs in her underwear


Grace Beji

Grace Beji, 47, mother of three children, was found in possession of 1kg of a substance that tested positive for methamphetamine.
The suspect, who attempted to board an Egypt Airline flight to Malaysia, was said to have hidden a parcel of the drug in her underwear.
Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency discovered the drug at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.
The suspect blamed her involvement in drug trafficking on the need to get rich quick. She said, “I agreed to smuggle the drugs because they promised to pay me $3,000. I blame myself because I wanted quick money. To me the money was an additional profit to my trading business. I was given the drug to swallow, but I could not ingest it for fear that it may burst so I hid it in my underwear.
“It was a momentary temptation that overwhelmed me. I was devastated when the drug was discovered by the NDLEA officers during screening. I was reasonably ignorant of the gravity of the offence. I was assured an easy passage. They did not say that I could be arrested.”
Beji is expected to be arraigned in court upon the completion of investigations into her case.
She could have considered the well being of her children before she committed this offence

No comments:

Post a Comment