Monday 13 August 2012

5 Other Rappers Who Dedicated Songs to Their "Perfect Chick" Apart From Kanye West,

Kim and Kanye
While rappers aren't notorious for being emotional, many of the most notable rappers have opted to share their deep feelings via song.

In doing that, many of them have put out songs dedicated to their love interests at the time or a love they recently lost. Some on the melancholy side while others were more so adorable, some of hip hop's best songs have been of this sort.

Most recently, Kanye West dedicated his track "Perfect B*tch" to his current love Kim Kardashian, making his feelings public. Here are five other rappers who've done the same.

Beyoncé and Jay Z
 Jay-Z and Beyonce are known as an unstoppable couple. Back in 2003, Hov's " '03 Bonnie and Clyde," was dedicated to his dashing diva.

Even featuring her on the song, he rhymed "What ever she lacks, I'm right over her shoulder/ When I'm off track mami is keepin me focused/So let's, lock this down like it's supposed to be/The '03 Bonnie and Clyde, Hov' and B."

J lo and Diddy
 Diddy got a little emotional on his song "I Need A Girl," which released right after his infamous breakup with Jennifer Lopez. The song, which he later admitted was about the Latin bombshell. expressed his pain in losing her. "But everytime I think about ya pretty smile/And how we used to drive the whole city wild/Damn I wish you would've had my child/A pretty little girl wit Diddy's style," he spit.

Tiny and TI
After T.I.'s wife Tiny held him down during his jail stint, he decided to pay homage to their relationship when he made his return to the music. In his song "Got Your Back" with Keri Hilson:

"With all of my good days and all of my bad/You stood by your man/and you know you got my back/Worth every car, every bag, with me they wanna be that/I know what I got at home/I ain't gon never leave thatThem b*tches best believe that."

Kelis and Nas
 Nas and Kelis were a dynamic duo back in the days when their love first began. Now divorced, Nas' album Life Is Good was focused on moving on and getting past that. On his song "Bye Baby," he makes an ode to their relationship

"Let's take it back some years/Rewind it to the happy years/You and your Star Trak fam/I'm thinking you cats are weird/Same time different year/I was digging y'all flow/ Then I tatted you on my arm so niggas would know."

Ciara and Bow wow

An infamous relationship was that of Bow Wow and Ciara. Bow Weezy featured his love at the time on his track and dedicated "Like You" to her. The two love birds poured out their feelings for each other:

"Now I done been with different kind of girls/Like I done seen em all but ain't none of them at all like u/ And I done seen the best of the best/Baby still I ain't impressed cause ain't none of them at all like you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment